Public Toilets |
Home Bathroom |
Money | Cars
- If you're worried about individuals eavesdropping on you, never use a
land-line phone, they are very easy to tap, especially if you live in an
apartment building. A cellular phone on a digital system is actually more
difficult to tap.
- If you're worried about the government eavesdropping, never use your own
phone, cellular or land-line. Always make calls on pay phones or, better
yet, don't use phones at all. Remember, the recipient of your call is
probably being tapped, or recording the conversation themselves.
- If you must use pay phones, spray them with a disinfectant before using
them and place a cloth or towel between your mouth and the mouthpiece as
well as your ear and the earpiece.
- Don't have an answering machine. Anyone who breaks into your house can
easily check it.
- If you must have an answering machine, disable the remote access
feature, so people cannot check your message remotely.
- Remember, many phones record all keys typed into it. Checking voicemail
from a phone you don't control can be a recipe for disaster, letting others
know your password.